Monday, April 25, 2016

"The City Of Ashes" : A Fallen Angel From Above




*Do Not Read This Review If You Have Not Read The First Book, City of Bones!!!*

"Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go--especially her handsome, infuriating newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil--and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor suspects Jace. Could Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?"

Ahh this series just keeps getting better and better, I loved the first book, but this book was even better.

One of the things I loved about this book was how Cassandra Clare let us know more about the different types of downworlders. While these creatures were mentioned in the first book, in this book we got a closer look into the lives of the Faeries, the Vampires and the Werewolves and their worlds.

How Cassandra Clare describes both the downworlders and the demons and her use of imagery, definitely made this story more vivid for me and it made me feel like I was also a Shadowhunter fighting the fight against demons.

I also liked how this book let you see into the different point-of-views of all of the characters instead of just Clary's. While Clary is somewhere doing something, Cassandra Clare also shows what the other characters are doing at that same moment.

I also loved seeing more of the interaction between Clary and Simon. In this book, there were a lot more scenes where Simon and Clary are by themselves without Simon being on the sidelines all of the time like he was in the first book.

The key theme in this book was forbidden romance. First, we have the forbidden love between Jace and Clary after they found out they were brother and sister in the first book. Then, we have Alec and Magnus, who can't be together, because of Alec being afraid of his parents' disapproval if he comes out to them. Lastly, we have Luke and Clary's Mom, Jocelyn who don't know how the other one feels about them. There were a lot of couples I hardcore shipped in this book, like Clary and Jace, Alec and Magnus and even Luke and Jocelyn. There were moments that made me gush and swoon and there were moments I really was pulling for them to get together. Even though Simon is in love with Clary, and Maia and him aren't even close to getting together, we see their friendship grow a lot in this book and I totally want them to get together!

This book was so fast pace and I couldn't put it down.  Every page was filled with so much action and things happened right after each other. I felt kind of bad for Clary and the rest 0f the gang as one conflict arises after the other, but that did wonders to the plot and it caused me to never be able to stop reading it. I constantly wanted to know what would happen next.

The characters begin to grow and develop even more in this book and we learn so much more about them. One interaction between characters I love is the interaction between Jace and Simon. They were just hilarious and the way they argued all the time and the things they said to each other made me laugh so many times. The line "Every time I annoy him, he retreats into his No Mundanes Allowed tree house" describes Jace's and Simon's relationship perfectly.

The amount of sarcasm both Magnus and Jace give out in this book was tremendous and it made the book for me hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing hysterically.


This book was beyond amazing and if I could give it a hundred stars I would! I can't wait to read the rest of the series and I will do it very soon, because I now own the whole series. This book doesn't contain just one paranormal creature like normal YA fantasy books, but it is any creature you can think of combined into one book, which I absolutely love! I highly, highly, highly recommend this book and the rest of the series to everyone!



My Rating: 5 Out Of 5 Paw Prints



Signature Fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!

foxyform