Monday, March 31, 2014

Divergent By:Veronica Roth Review

  



    This book was the bomb diggity and beyond AMAZING!!! It had me hooked from the very first page. I never should have picked this book up, because once I did I couldn't put it down. I was so into the story that I didn't get anything else done, but it was definitely time well spent. I kept on telling myself I would read one more chapter and one more chapter turned into 100 pages.
    "Divergent" is set in a Dystopian society in Chicago. Chicago is divided up into five factions that are each focused on a different virtue. Candor consists of the honest, Abnegation consists of the selfless, Dauntless consists of the brave, Amity consists of the peaceful and Erudite consists of the intelligent. Every year all the sixteen-year-olds in Chicago take an aptitude test to decide which faction they are suited to be in.
    Beatrice Prior has just turned sixteen and it is her turn to take the aptitude test. When she takes it she finds out her results are inconclusive and that she is a Divergent- some one who is suited to be in more than one faction. She must be quiet or this could lead to the end of her life. Beatrice must decide whether she will stay in Abnegation or leave her family and her old life completely. When Beatrice decides to become a member of Dauntless she didn't know how brave she really would have to be to get through the intense initiation and to not become factionless. Little did she know that she would find herself and find love along the way.
    Veronica Roth writes in a way that pulls you in from the beginning of the story. It is very unique from other writers and makes that story fit together like a puzzle. I fell in love with Tris's character. We all have that moment in our lives where we don't know who we are and have to find ourselves. Tris goes against the norm and chooses to be who she is instead of what a test tells her to be. I felt like I was feeling everything that Tris felt and like I was going through everything she was going through. This book was definitely an emotional roller coaster and I felt like I was on it with Tris. I related to her character so well and felt like I was in the story along with her. I admire Tris for how incredibly brave she is. She goes through so many obstacles through out the book and never gives up no matter what. Tris definitely has some flaws but that makes her who she is as a character.

    "Divergent" is the best book I read so far this year! It has everything a wonderful story needs. If you haven't read this book yet go get it NOW!!!! It will not disappoint you. It will hook you from the start and you won't be able to put it down!!!! 


                                             Please follow me on Bloglovin!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!

foxyform