Thursday, January 16, 2014

WINTER READ-A-THON 2014

       




         I am so so so so excited, because I am participating in my first ever 24 hour Read-A-Thon this weekend for The Reading In Between The Lines YA Book Club on Goodreads. It begins tomorrow night Friday January 17th at midnight and ends on Saturday at midnight. This is a wonderful way to mark off some books off of my tbr list and to relax after a long week of exams.  I plan to read at least six books, but if I can read more that would be great:) I will be doing updates at the beginning and end of the Read-A-Thon and every other hour. Each upe date will be for two hours, because I don't have time to do updates ever hour.



Here is my TBR list for the Read-A-Thon :









                                                                                                                                               


Then if my eyes start to hurt I will listen to an audio book:

                                                                      

 Beginning Questionaire:

 1. What books are in your TBR pile for the Read-A-Thon?
I have a total of 8 books I want to read, but I know I won't be able to read all of them. I want to read Gone By: Michael Grant, Harry Potter:The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling, Vampire Academy By: Richelle Mead, The Lightning Thief By: Rick Riordan, Perfect Chemistry By: Simone Eckeles, Shiver By: Maggie Stiefvater, Gossip Girl By: Cecily von Ziegesar and The Name of The Star By: Maureen Johnson.
2. What are you eating or drinking during the Read-A-Thon?
I am probably going to eat a little bit of everything to tell you the truth. I will be eating some oreos, goldfish, chocolate covered pretzels, chex mix and maybe some pretzels dipped in peanut butter. I will be drinking some apple cider, hot choclolate, and a lot of sprite.
3. How are you going to keep yourself awake during this challenge?
I am going to keep myself awake by taking a long nap before the read-a-thon starts tomorrow night. Then I probably will walk to the park during the day to get some exercise and maybe change locations while I read. I also might even set alarms on my phone just in case I dose off. LOL Knowing me I'll probably have to take a nap half way through though.
4. What book are you looking forward to reading the most?
I am really looking forward to read Harry Potter:)
5. How many books do you want to read?
I want to read at least six books, but if I can read more that would be great:)
6. Where in your house will you get comfortable to curl up and read?
For most of the time I will curl up on my favorite red chair in the living with my fluffy blanket to read.
7. Have you participated in a 24 hour Read-A-Thon before?
I have never participated in one before, but I'm excited to participate in this one:)
8.What will you be wearing so you are comfy and cozy to read?
I will be wearing my comfy pjs with my slipper socks and moccasin slippers.
9. What are you looking forward to most about the Read-A-Thon?
I am looking forward to reading some of the books I've been wanting to read for awhile.
10. Where will you be updating what you read (twitter, goodreads, youtube or blog)? 
 I will be updating what I read  on Goodreads and on my blog. 

Hour 1
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard (Finishing it started on page 20)
Snacks: Oreos. Yummy!!!
Drinks: Water
Location: In my favorite red chair in my living room

Hour 3
Total Books Read:
Books Read: 
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Pages Read (of current book): 113 pages
Snacks: I ate some oreos.
Drinks: I drank a lot of water.
Location: I am still reading my favorite read chair:)

Hour 5
Total Books Read:
Books Read: 
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Page Read (of current book): 78 pages
Snacks: NONE
Drinks: I am still drinking a lot of water.
Location: I am still sitting in the red chair.

I am going to take a three hour nap and then wake up and read again at 8 am. That way I will be able to read for the rest of the Read-A-Thon without being so tired.


Hour7
 I just got up at 8am from my three hour nap, but then I decided to make some biscuits for breakfast before I started reading again. I will start reading again at 9 am. I feel really refreshed now and my battery is recharged.


Hour 9
I took a nap for another hour. Then I made some biscuits to eat for breakfast and drank some chocolate milk.

Hour 11
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Currently Reading:
Page Read (of current book): 94 pages
Snacks: NONE
Drinks: Water
Location: I'm sitting in the most comfy red chair ever!!!
I am so happy that I finished reading Pretty Little Liars! It was really good and had me hooked:) Now I'm going to dive into Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone! Can you believe that I never read a Harry Potter book before?!



Hour 13
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 42 pages
Snacks: I ate some Goldfish. (I feel like a kid again :) )
Drinks: I drank some water again.
Location: I sat in my red chair again.


Hour 15
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 30 pages
Snacks: My awesome Mom brought me home a soft pretzel from Sam's Club for me to eat.
Drinks: I drank some more water.
Location: I read on the couch in my family room. I needed a change in location.
I also took a quick shower at around 2:40pm, so that's why I didn't read as much. I am currently on page 73 of Harry Potter and hope to finish by 7pm :)

Hour 17
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 58 pages
Snacks: NONE
Drinks: I am drinking some Sprite.
Location: I am sitting in the red chair again.

Hour 19
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard (and listened to parts of Grimm's Fairy tales audiobook)
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 31 pages
Snacks: I made some yummy appetizers to eat for dinner:)
Drinks: I drank some more sprite.
Location: Red Chair
I wish I would of read more in the past two hours, but I was starving so I had to make some dinner. I am on page 163 in Harry Potter and I hope to finish it in the next couple of hours since I couldn't by 7pm.

Hour 21
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard (and listened to parts of Grimm's Fairy tales audiobook).
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 51 pages
Snacks: NONE
Drinks: Sprite and Water
Location: I am still very comfy in my red chair :)
I am finally at the finish line of Harry Potter and I hopefully will finish it by my next update! Then I will start reading The Name of The Star By:Maureen Johnson:)


Hour 23
Total Books Read: 1
Books Read: Pretty Little Liars By: Sara Shepard (and listened to parts of Grimm's Fairy tales audiobook)
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Page Read (of current book): 46 pages
Snacks: Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Drinks: Water
Location: I'm still sitting in my lovely red chair.

It looks like I won't get to read The Name of The Star during this Read-A-Thon, but I will definitely finish Harry Potter before midnight!

Hour 24
Total Books Read: 2
Books Read During Read-A-Thon:
- Pretty Little Liars By:Sara Shepard
- listened to part of the Grimm's Fairy tales audiobook
-Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone By: J.K. Rowling
Pages Read in All: 590 pages
All Snacks: Oreos, Biscuits,Goldfish,appetizers and chocolate covered pretzels.
All Drinks: Water, Chocolate Milk and Sprite

 The 24 hour Read-A-Thon just ended thirty minutes ago where I live and I read two amazing books. Even though I didn't meet my goal of six books I still feel accomplished and happy with how much reading I got done:)

Please follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!

foxyform